The five most-read articles this week in RAIN. Thanks for reading!
- The most-read piece this week was RAIN editor Brad Hill’s description of following a mobile from iHeartRadio. The scooped other news apps, but WABC’s radio ad load ruined the experience.
- Amazon announced it was raising the cost of the Prime subscription service by 25%. In a continually evolving story, it appears that Amazon is inching toward a music service.
- Mixcloud, a crowdsourced music-DJ and podcast platform, moved its HQ to New York.Can it differentiate against SoundCloud, 8tracks, and YouTube?
- Neil Young formally launched his PonoMusic project, which flied in the face of music consumption trends. Nevertheless, its Kickstarter funding smashed its goal and raised over $2-million dollars in two days.
- RAIN Poll results for the question, “Would you buy a data plan for your car?” were skewed strongly toward “Nope.” Interesting comments ensued.