The five most-read articles this week in RAIN. Thanks for reading!
- When Pandora released favorable audience metrics for December on the same day it announced new national advertisers for Pandora car installations, Wall Street lifted the stock to stratospheric new valuations. Meanwhile, Apple remained quiet about iTunes Radio, no longer framed as a “Pandora killer.”
- HARMAN-owned Aha Radio partnered with audio ad tech firm AdsWizz to deliver unique types of sponsored messaging to drivers. Audience targeting can include type of car, location, direction, and environmental conditions.
- Jennifer Lane contributed a guest column on what CES brought in the way of new streaming advertising innovations.
- Long in private development mode, Whyd opened to the public simultaneous to obtaining new venture funding. It works similarly to Pinterest — you pin YouTube and SoundCloud music to your Whyd playlist..
- Nielsen’s end-of-year report indicated that streaming listening rose by 32 percent in 2013. Many speculate that the streaming trend is connected to the decline in album sales.