The Australia-specific version of The Infinite Dial, the industry’s benchmark 21-year-running consumer survey of listening, is set for release in a webinar Wednesday evening, May 8. Edison Research owns and conducts the Infinite Dial franchise. The 2019 Australian exercise is commissioned and sponsored by Triton Digital, Commercial Radio Australia (CRA), and Southern Cross Austerio (SCA) via that radio company’s PodcastOne subsidiary.
The webinar is scheduled for 9:00pm EDT; 11:00am AEST. Free registration is HERE.
Edison and its sponsors presented the study at the Mumbrella Audioland conference in Sydney yesterday (“yesterday” in the time-space continuum of the U.S. — May 2). The company and Triton Digital are publicizing some of the results. Here are some bullets:
- 85% of Australians are aware of Spotify (up from 77% in 2018). SoundCloud awareness is 42%.
- Time spent listening to online audio in a week has increased to 11 hours, up from just over 10 hours last year.
- Awareness of podcasting outpaces awareness in the U.S. — 835 of Australians know what the heck it is. (70% for Americans.) Monthly listening in Australia is 22%, up from 18%.
- Weekly podcast listeners consume six or more weekly — seems like the super-listener is active in the Australian podcast market as in the U.S.
- Radio reach is 83% in the 12+ population. 69% say that radio is the most-used in-car source of listening.
Access to these metrics should not dissuade you from attending the free webinar. Edison president Larry Rosin will host. Register HERE.