The five most-read articles this week in RAIN. Thanks for reading!
- Broadcast law attorney provided an overview of music-licensing issues in The Summer of Copyright.
- Details of YouTube’s subscription music service are seeping out. It will launch later this summer, and indie labels that don’t sign on will be blocked across YouTube.
- Edison Research launched the first edition of a semi-annual, nationwide survey of listening habits across all audio sources.
- Did Google attempt to acquire 8tracks, in addition to reports that the Montain View company is interested in Songza? That’s what sources say.
- iHeartRadio updated its app, making it more navigable and personal.