RAIN News is pleased to partner with Edison Research in the 2014 search for Audio’s 30 Under 30, honoring top talent in radio and audio. The 30 recipients of this singular recognition were announced today at RAIN Summit Indy.
In addition to talented hosts and programmers, honorees range from Clear Channel’s Vice President of Artist Relations to 121cast’s Co-founder & CEO. Among the youngest on the list: Zach Sang, the 21 year old host of nationally syndicated Top 40 Night Show Zach Sang and The Gang.
Edison President Larry Rosin says, “The 2104 list of future leaders in the audio industry truly reflects the diversity of our world today. We have young people representing almost every facet of the audio industry. From Broadcast to Online, entrepreneurs and successful executives at large legacy companies, programmers and air talents everything in between. Knowing that such fantastic young talent is now in the world of audio should make us optimistic for the future.”
Edison first introduced the “30 Under 30” concept to radio with international searches for talented young broadcasters in 2007. Honorees had to be no older than 30 years old as of September 9, 2014, and may not have been previously recognized.
Learn more about the 30 honorees at the Edison Research site.
Honorees of the 2014 Audio’s 30 Under 30 are:
- Adéllyn Polomski – Director, Artist Relations and Promotions / Clear Channel
- Amy Cherry – Assistant News Director / 1150 AM WDEL
- Collin R. Jones – Director of M&A, Corporate Development & Strategy / Cumulus Media
- Edward Hooper – Co-founder & CEO / 121cast, Inc
- Emily Lawrence – Vice President, Mobile & Video Initiatives / CBS Local
- Grant Paulsen – Talk-show host and beat reporter / 106.7 The Fan in Washington, DC.
- Jack Krawczyk – Director, Product Management / Pandora
- Jordan Bernfield – Sportscaster & Host, WGN Radio / 87.7 The Game
- Justin Case – Director of Programming & Imaging / Benztown
- Kaitlyn Tracy – General Manager / Spring Arbor University Radio
- Katherine Larner – Sr. Sales Executive / Pandora Media Inc.
- Lux – Afternoon Drive/Assistant Music Director / KPNT 105.7 / The Point Emmis Communications
- Maggie Stapleton – Assistant Program Director / Classical KING FM 98.1
- Mamie Shepherd – Program Coordinator for Seacrest Studios at Levine Children’s Hospital; On-air Talent at WNKS Kiss 95.1
- Marissa Morris – Vice President, Artist Relations / Clear Channel Media + Entertainment
- Melony Torres – Asst. Program Director/Music Director/Midday Talent at WRQX 107.3/Cumulus Media
- Michael Hermalyn – Vice President / CBS Altitude Group
- Nugget – Morning Show Host at 94.1 KTFM San Antonio / Alpha Media
- Paul (The Web Guy) Costabile – Host/Personality / iHeartRadio
- Ralphie Aversa – Host, “Ralphie Tonight,” WPLJ-FM / Cumulus Media
- Remy – Co-Host of The Mason & Remy Show | Mornings on KLOU & Afternoons on 93.7 The Bull in St. Louis / Clear Channel Media & Entertainment
- Rick Hall – Program Director / Star 99.1 (New York, NY)
- Ruben Perez – Digital Business and Traffic Operations Manager / Univision Communications
- Sam Alex – Host, “Taste of Country Nights” / Townsquare Media
- Sam Peasley – Director of Digital Media / Bonneville LA
- Sean Plater – Deputy General Manager, 96.3 WHUR & The Howard University Radio Network
- Stephen Valenta – Director of Operations & Finance / 8tracks
- TJ Taormina – Host of The TJ Show on 103.3 Amp Radio / CBS Radio Boston
- Zach Sang – Creator, Executive Producer and host of nationally syndicated Top 40 Night Show Zach Sang and The Gang / WYD Media/WestWood One
- Zachary Claudio – Director of Digital Sales / CBS Altitude Group