We thought we’d put the GPT brain into RAIN topics to test its knowledge fluency in basic questions of podcasting, audio advertising, and the future of radio. GPT queries don’t need to be questions, and some of ours were merely statements, as if performing a Google search.
ChatGPT was repeatedly stumped and silenced by questions about programmatic advertising. Otherwise, answers were basic, generalized, and brief.
Q: Future of podcasting
“The future of podcasting looks bright, with increasing popularity and listenership, growth in ad spend and diversity in content. Podcasting is also likely to become more accessible, with advancements in technology making it easier for creators to produce and distribute their shows. Additionally, integration with smart speakers and other connected devices is likely to further expand the audience for podcasts.”
Q: Growth of podcast advertising
“Podcast advertising is growing rapidly, with an increase in the number of listeners, advertisers looking to reach this engaged audience, and advancements in measurement and targeting technology. The COVID-19 pandemic also accelerated the growth of podcasting, as more people turned to audio content for entertainment and information. The industry is projected to continue to grow in the coming years, with more brands and advertisers expected to invest in podcast advertising.”
Q: Future of radio
“The future of radio is likely to be shaped by the following trends:
- Digitalization: Traditional radio will continue to shift towards online and digital platforms.
- Personalization: Radio stations and services will increasingly tailor their offerings to individual listeners.
- Integration with smart devices: Radio will become integrated with smart speakers, smartphones, and other connected devices.
- Increased competition: With the growth of music streaming and podcasting, radio will face increased competition for listeners.
- Expansion into new markets: Radio will continue to expand into new markets and reach new audiences globally through the internet.
- Emergence of new technologies: The continued development and adoption of new technologies such as 5G and AI may further transform the radio landscape.”
Q: Describe the growth of programmatic advertising
“An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”
Q: Future of programmatic audio advertising
Q: Future of programmatic advertising
Q: What is programmatic advertising
Q: Audio advertising forecast
“The audio advertising industry is expected to grow in the coming years, driven by increasing consumer demand for audio content and the growth of audio streaming platforms like Spotify and Amazon Music. Additionally, the rise of smart speakers and other voice-activated devices is expected to create new opportunities for audio advertising. However, it’s important to note that the exact growth of the industry may be impacted by various factors such as changes in consumer behavior, technological advancements, and economic conditions.”
Q: Which are the top podcast advertisers?
“As of 2021, the top podcast advertisers were:
- Blue Apron
- Dollar Shave Club
- LinkedIn Learning
- The Meatball Shop
- Mack Weldon.”
The answer above is interesting in a couple of ways. We did not specify any criteria of “top advertiser,” and GPT does not provide any criteria. Also of interest is the vague time period, “As of 2021.”