0

Streaming share grows for Spain (H1 2016 results)

spain-promusicae-h1-2016Spanish industry group Promusicae posted the country’s music results from the first half of 2016. Recorded music sales posted a third consecutive year of growth, with global sales rising 4.1% to €73.5 million in H1. The digital market outpaced physical sales for the first time in the six-month period, accounting for 63.52% of the total at revenue of €46.69 million.

Streaming’s share of that digital portion was just over €40.1 million, while the remainder were products such as downloads and ringtones. Subscription services generated 69% of streaming revenue, and the remaining 31% came from ad-supported listening.

Anna Washenko

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *