The Peabody Awards shared its nominees for the best broadcasting and digital media stories released in 2019. The organization recognized 60 nominees for the annual awards. The selection of nominees included 12 from the worlds of radio and podcasting. Pineapple Street Studios received two nominations, the most for a podcasting entity.
“Peabody is proud to champion this year’s nominees who inspire our connection, provoke our thinking and delight our senses. From the communal strength of black women to the eminence of science to the conviction of those who speak up, these stories and their creators celebrate the diversity of human experience and of our democracy,” said Jeffrey P. Jones, Peabody’s executive director. “Amidst the challenges of our present moment, we can find empathy, entertainment and truth in these nominees.”
Here is the list of podcast and radio nominees:
- Treasure Island – Gen-Z Media
- 70 Million – Lantigua Williams & Co.
- Dolly Parton’s America – Osm Audio and WNYC Studios (WNYC)
- Finding Fred – Co-produced by iHeartMedia and Fatherly in partnership with Transmitter Media (iHeartMedia)
- Gangster Capitalism: The College Admissions Scandal – C13Originals, a division of Cadence 13 (C13Originals)
- Gospel Roots of Rock and Soul – (WXPN)
- Have You Heard George’s Podcast? – BBC Sounds/George the Poet Ltd. (BBC Sounds)
- Headlong: Running From COPS – Pineapple Street Studios, Topic Studios (Stitcher)
- In The Dark: The Path Home – American Public Media (APM Reports)
- Silencing Science – Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX (Public radio, Reveal)
- Stonewall OutLoud – (StoryCorps)
- The Catch and Kill Podcast with Ronan Farrow – Pineapple Street Studios, Glass Cannon Inc. (Pineapple Street Studios)
- The Refuge – Auricle Productions, Montana Public Radio, Pulitzer Center (Montana Public Radio)