In two weeks, RAIN’s Digital Audio Advertising Summit will present its third annual event in Chicago, one of the country’s most important advertising markets. (Scroll down to see the agenda and speakers.)
Produced at the House of Blues, a fun and friendly theatrical venue in downtown Chicago, the 9am – 1pm format offers a dynamic program with networking time built into light breakfast, light lunch, and a mid-program break.
Mingling aside, seven content sessions deliver the goods: Laser-sharp descriptions of the present and future of digital audio advertising, presented to an audience of Chicago agency buyers and executives from podcasting, broadcasting, and technology. Speakers represent some of the best-known and most celebrated thought-leaders in audio publishing, technology, and agency audio strategy.
Plus good food and giveaways from Chicago-based AccuRadio.
Presenting sponsor of the RAIN Digital Audio Advertising Summit are AdsWizz, Midroll Media, and ART19.
Attendee reviews of past Chicago events rave along these lines:
- “Great atmosphere, very professional and relaxed.”
- “Very informative and nice mix of content and networking breaks.”
- “I thought the format and content were both outstanding. Having a number of short, engaging conversations covering a number of different but related topics and featuring a wide but impressive group of speakers was ideal.”
- “Really well executed – awesome content.”
- “Very good content and exciting.”
- “Excellent voices of the future, and observations about the future of on-demand audio.”
- “Informative and enjoyable … well organized.”
- “Great opportunity to meet people.”
Reasonably priced tickets are available HERE. Contact RAIN President Brad Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) for queries about groups and other special arrangements.
On the Agenda:
RAIN President Brad Hill and RAIN Founder Kurt Hanson start things off with a few introductory remarks.
State of the Industry
RAIN Founder, AccuRadio CEO, and industry pioneer Kurt Hanson debuts the 2019 edition of his renowned overview of the online audio industry. Don’t miss his trademark humor, illuminating metrics, and insightful view of the future.
Scaling and Optimizing Podcast Monetization
Two executives at podcast platform ART19 discuss podcast advertising at scale, where ad sales are going, and implications for content.
- Lex Friedman, Chief Revenue Officer, ART19
- Korri Kolesa, Chief Operating Officer, ART19
- Moderator TBA
The Future Is Now: The Cutting Edge of Digital Audio Advertising
A lively and eye-opening conversation of digital audio advertising’s surprising, and seemingly futuristic capabilities. This revealing talk covers interactive ad technology, the emerging voice-controlled world, local audio advertising at scale, and advances in attribution and measurement.
- Alexis van de Wyer (CEO, AdsWizz)
- Simon Thomas (Joint Head of Client Strategy, Omnicom Media Group Programmatic UK)
Agency View: Podcasting
The unique values of podcast advertising are evangelized by publishers and advertising companies. What is the agency perspective? This valuable discussion with two marketing experts from Edelman features examples and case studies. Moderated by Sarah van Mosel, new CRO at Stitcher, with VP Greg Leader.
- Sarah van Mosel, Chief Revenue Officer, Stitcher
- Greg Leader, Vice President of Advertising Partnerships, Midroll Media
- Allison Joson, Performance Marketing Supervisor, Edelman
- Erica Barth, Head of Performance Marketing, Edelman
Digital Audio and Traditional Radio: A Transformative Opportunity
Streaming audio, podcasting, programmatic advertising — these headline components of the contemporary audio marketplace are increasingly adopted by radio and transforming its power as a marketing environment. This panel brings together radio group leaders and digital buying experts to discuss key trends.
- Matt Cutair, CEO, DAX U.S.
- Nina Harvey O’Connor, Head of Audio and Head of Mobile Strategic Accounts, Rubicon Project
- Elizabeth Mozian, SVP, Revenue Operations and Data Strategy, Entercom
Mark McCrery, CEO of Podtrac/Authentic, brings new and never-seen research on podcast consumption.
Digital Audio in the U.S. Hispanic Market
Hispanic audio is growing fast, outpacing many other categories of listening. In addition to sheer size of the audience, Hispanic listeners are quick adopters of digital audio platforms. A recent study of Spanish-speaking consumers showed that 62% listen to radio or music streams, and 71% believe that digital audio advertising is scarce to moderate. This panel discusses the increasingly important U.S. Hispanic listening market.
- Carlos Cordoba, Co-Founder Audio.Ad
- John Morris Vice President, Streaming and On Demand, WideOrbit
- Michael O’Neil, Vice President, Programmatic Partnerships, Triton Digital
- Maria Lopez Alvarez, Vice President of Content and Production, ReVOLVER Podcasts