The Podcast Movement Hall of Fame, which was inaugurated in 2015, was resumed at last week’s Podcast Movement Evolutions gathering after a hiatus of a few years. The ceremony was in-person for Los Angeles attendees, and presented virtually for delegates with at-home registrations.
“We are honoring the pioneers,” was the theme for this returning ceremony. Inductees were:
- Dr. Virginia “Ginger” Campbell, Host and Producer of Brain Science
- Marc Maron, Host and Producer of WTF with Marc Maron
- Dr. Emily Morse, Host of Sex with Emily and CEO of ChickFlick Productions, LLC
- Nicaila Matthews Okome, Host and Producer of Side Hustle Pro
- Dave Slusher, Host and Producer of Evil Genius Chronicles
- Evo Terra, Host of Podcast Pontifications, CEO of Simpler Media Productions, and Founder of Podiobooks
- Glynn Washington, Co-host and Producer of Snap Judgment
- Molly Wood, Co-host of This Week in Startups (Former Senior Editor of Marketplace Tech, and Host and Executive Producer of CNET’s Always On)
This list of newcomers brings the total roster of honored initiates to 33.
An executive committee decides who goes in, according to a press release: ” The inductees were voted on by the Hall of Fame Induction Committee, which is composed of current Hall of Fame members; Induction Committee Chairperson Rob Greenlee, who is also Vice President of Content and Partnerships at Libsyn; and Induction Committee Vice Chair Mignon Fogarty, who is the creator and host of the Grammar Girl podcast.”