The five most-read articles this week in RAIN. Thanks for reading!
- The most-read piece this week featured an audio clip of an iTunes Radio ad on an FM station in Boston. The startling discover was more remarkable for being a DJ live-read read of copy. Later in the week, guest columnist Jennifer Lane contributed an opinion called Are Your Listeners for Sale?
- An important development in the ongoing story of fragmented ratings occurred when Triton Digital‘s local ratings subscription product was accredited by the Media Rating Council. The endorsement of Triton’s ratings methodology places streaming audio side-by-side with local radio ratings.
- We published a five-part review of The Infinite Dial 2014, an important annual research survey about the consumption of digital media produced by Edison Research and new partner Triton Digital. Part 1 of the summary was the most-read.
- Apple‘s connected-car strategy took a major step forward when the company announced its CarPlay system (formerly named iOS in the Car) would be on the road in three car brands later this year.
- Spotify acquired music intelligence company The Echo Nest, in a deal that could alter the anatomy of the streaming-music industry. the Echo Nest powers over 400 listening platforms, including heavy-hitter Rdio and, naturally, Spotify.