Join RAIN Founder Kurt Hanson and RAIN President Brad Hill for the 5th Annual RAIN Summit Europe — the largest and most influential gathering of the online audio industry.
- Radio Reimagined — radio has many meanings in 2016; what will it mean in the future? (PANEL)
- Interview with Jason Phipps — he’s the head of on-demand audio at The Guardian
- International Roundtable on the Streaming Audio Market — a truly globe-spanning panel of experts! (PANEL)
- Mark Mulligan on the state of the streaming music industry — new, never-seen research
- Edison Research on Radio in the Car — new research and must-see videos!
- New Strategies in Digital Audio Advertising — this is the programmatic update you don’t want to miss! (PANEL)
- The Power of Sound (HINT: Don’t miss this remarkable presentation!)
- State of the Industry with Kurt Hanson
- Raffle! Lunch! Networking breaks!
- A Day of Knowledge & Networking
9:30 – 10:00 STATE OF THE INDUSTRY
10:00 – 10:40 PANEL: Radio Reimagined
MODERATOR: Matt Deegan (Creative Director, Folder Media)
- Gary Bales (Digital Music Producer, BBC)
- Simon Cole (CEO, 7digital)
- Ruth Fitzsimons (Global Head of Content, audioBoom)
10:40 – 11:05 RESEARCH: Share the Road: The Changing In-Car Audio Space
Megan Lazovick, Director of Research at Edison Research, brings new research that has never been seen publicly about how consumers manage audio in the car. In-car listening, and the development of connected car dashboards, are vital issues for tradition radio and online audio.
11:05 – 11:30 NETWORKING BREAK
11:30 – 11:50 FIRESIDE CHAT: Jason Phipps
Jason Phipps, Head of Audio at The Guardian, sits down with RAIN President Brad Hill for a conversation about podcasting.
11:50 – 12:30 PANEL: New Strategies in Digital Audio Advertising
MODERATOR: Neil Cowling (Creative Development Director, RadioWorks)
- Alexis van de Wyer (CEO, AdsWizz)
- Oliver Deane (Commercial Digital Director, Global Radio)
- Jean-Pierre Cassaing (Director of Audio, Havas Media)
- Ben Lovett (Account Manager – Media Planner/Buyer, the7stars)
12:30 – 1:00 RESEARCH: Mobile Music: Gold Mine or Free Lunch?
Wei Shi, Wireless Media Strategy Analyst at Strategy Analytics. What’s driving the mobile music market to double its value from 2015 to 2021? Who is paying for music, and who is not? What innovations could help grow the market, and convince consumers to pay?
1:00 – 2:00 LUNCH
2:00 – 2:05 RAFFLE
Raffle provided by Triton Digital.
Be in the room for your chance to win a Duark Internet Radio!
2:05 – 2:50 PANEL: The Streaming Audio Market: An International Roundtable
A no-holds barred discussion around online audio in Europe and beyond. This hard-hitting panel will deliver candid, multi-national perspectives on all facets of digital audio, including preferred monetization strategies, growth challenges, the prevalence of podcasting, and much more. Sponsored by Triton Digital.
MODERATOR: Benjamin Masse (Managing Director, Market Development & Strategy, Triton Digital)
- Carlos Cordoba (Co-Founder, Audio.Ad)
- Mirko Lagonegro (Founder & CEO, DigitalMDE)
- Eric Portier (Chief Revenue Officer, TargetSpot/Radionomy)
- Diego J Pruneda Paz (Digital Product Development Director, Prisa Radio)
- Leeroy Shillingford (CEO, NRJ Digital Solutions, NRJ)
- Colm Grealy (Managing Director, Adforce.com)
- Ed Keohane (Director, Audio, Bauer Media Group)
- Gert Jan Kole (Programme Manager, Sky Radio Group)
- Arthur Hoogendijk (CEO, The Media Exchange)
2:50 – 3:20 PRESENTATION: Spotify and the Human Equation
David Cooper, Director of Sales at Spotify, describes the rich data which informs product development and compelling new formats for advertisers. Also, a deep understanding of human behaviours and the contexts in which people listen that inspire change.
3:20 – 3:45 NETWORKING BREAK
3:45 – 4:15 RESEARCH: Streaming Music Health Check
2016 is streaming music’s watershed moment. Mark Mulligan, Managing Director and Analyst at MIDiA Research, will offer the first public presentation of major new research. This is a data-rich snapshot of the streaming music industry at an inflection point. Not to be missed!
4:15 – 4:30 PRESENTATION: Rebuilding Babel — The Power of Speaking a Common Language
With Flossie Draper Senior Programmes Executive, IAB UK. This brief session from the IAB UK will stress the importance of speaking one language when it comes to programmatic standards, for full control, better insights and a fully automated process.
4:30 – 5:00 PRESENTATION: The Power of the Sound of Sam
Sam Crowther, Head of Creative Development at A Million Ads, brings an experiential sonic journey of storytelling mixed with sounds. This might be the most unusual and masterful presentation you’ll see in a year.
5:00 – 6:00 RAIN COCKTAIL RECEPTION
Senior Programmes Executive, IAB UK
CEO, The Media Exchange
Global Head of Content, audioBoom
Head of Audio, The Guardian
Managing Director & Analyst, MIDiA Research
Analyst, Wireless Media Strategies, Strategy Analytics
Creative Development Director, RadioWorks
Creative Director, Folder Media
Digital Music Producer, BBC
Commercial Digital Director, Global Radio
Account Manager – Media Planner/Buyer, the7stars
GERT JAN KOLE
Programme Manager, Sky Radio Group
Managing Director, Market Development & Strategy, Triton Digital
CEO, NRJ Digital Solutions, NRJ
Founder & Ceo, DigitalMDE
Director of Research, Edison Research
Chief Revenue Officer, TargetSpot/Radionomy
DIEGO J. PRUNEDA PAZ
Digital Product Development Director, Prisa Radio
Director of Sales, Spotify
Managing Director, Adforce.com
Creative Development, A Million Ads
Director, Audio, Bauer Media Group
ALEXIS VAN DE WYER
Founder RAIN & Founder/CEO, AccuRadio