9:30 – State of the Industry
10:00 – New Ways that Advertisers Use Audio
Oliver Deane (Director of Commercial Digital, Global)
Featuring case studies of how advertisers are using diverse platforms (e.g. video, geo-sync, traffic monitoring) to maximize digital audio campaign performance.
10:30 – Podcasting 2018 and Beyond
- Jason Phipps (Head of Audio, The Guardian)
- Andrew Caspari (Head of Speech Radio, BBC)
- Neil Cowling (Creative Development Director, Fresh Air Production & Maple Street Creative)
11:10 – NETWORKING BREAK
11:30 – Audiomonitor 2017: The Music Listening Landscape
- Jonathan Arendt (Director, AudienceNet)
- Robert Delmonte (Music-Entertainment Research & Insight Lead, AudienceNet)
As new ways of listening fuel economic recovery for the music industry, they are also reshaping the way listeners discover and consume music, and in turn, this is impacting the way the industry operates. Audiomonitor 2017 marks the 5th year of this highly reputed study which measures UK music consumption in the 16+ population.
12:05 – FIRESIDE CHAT
- Benjamin Masse (Managing Director, Market Development & Strategy Triton Digital)
- Guest TBA
12:40 – Radio Ubiquity: Delivery, Distribution, Devices
- Roger Cutsforth (CEO, The Radio Academy)
- Nadia Holmes (Head of Digital Audio Bauer Media Group)
- Neelay Patel (Director of TV & Radio – Digital Products and Broadcast Systems, BBC)
- Mirko Lagonegro (Founder & CEO, DIGITALMDE)
1:20 – LUNCH
2:20 – Digital Audio Advertising in the Automated Age
- Pierre Naggar (Managing Director Europe, AdsWizz)
- Simon Thomas (Joint Head of Client Strategy [Programmatic], Omnicom Media Group UK)
A visual and conversational presentation presentation by two leaders from the technology and digital advertising worlds. Topics: current state of the industry; what makes audio unique; the how and why of “addressable audio”; listening to the future.
2:45 – Getting Vocal: New Research on Smart Speakers in Europe
Tom Stevens (Head of Marketing, Radiocentre)
RAIN is pleased to continue promoting the newest and smartest intelligence about the consumer usage and business opportunity surrounding voice-activated speakers. This groundbreaking research on the smart speaker phenomenon has stirred attention in Europe. Who is using them in the UK? What is the role of these devices in radio? Where is the opportunity for advertisers? What’s next?
3:10 – Dynamic Personalisation, A Creative Review
Sam Crowther (Head of Creative, A Million Ads)
Sam Crowther reprises his lauded 2016 RAIN Summit appearance with a new immersive audio journey. He speaks around the world, bringing highly original and immersive audio presentations.
3:40 – NETWORKING BREAK
4:00 – Streaming’s New Normal: The Rules Keep Changing
Mark Mulligan (Managing Director and Analyst, MIDiA Research)
This presentation will show how streaming is continuing to turn accepted wisdoms on their head and re-write the rules of the business. Revealed: The role of playlists, how radio is impacted (with station-level data), Gen Z’s engagement and the future, Spotify’s “Plan B.”
4:35 – All In With Audio
Rune Born Schwartz (Innovation Manager, Bauer Media Denmark)
Case study: A Danish high-end travel-brand decided to go all-in on audio marketing. This presentation reveals an audio campaign combining the intimate story-telling qualities of podcasts with the powerful reach of broadcast radio.
5:00 – RAIN COCKTAIL RECEPTION