9:00 – 9:05 WELCOME
9:05 – 9:25 KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Jarl Mohn (CEO, NPR)
9:30 – 10:15 NEW RESEARCH: Smart Speakers
World debut of original research from Edison Research and NPR, focused on voice-activated smart speakers, an important new platform for audio consumption.
- INTRODUCTION: Jack Myers (Chairman, MyersBizNet and Media Ecologist)
- PRESENTATION: Tom Webster (Vice President, Edison Research)
10:15 – 10:50 PANEL: Tried and New Models for Podcast Advertising/Sponsorship
From 15-second credits and endorsements to short-form brand audio and branded shows, learn about the tools podcast publishers are building for sponsors and advertisers, and how they’re planning for continued growth.
MODERATOR: Gina Garrubbo (President and CEO, National Public Media)
- Mark McCrery (CEO, Authentic)
- Erik Diehn (CEO, Midroll Media)
- Chris Boyce (Co-owner and Principal, Pacific Content)
- David Raphael (President, Public Media Marketing)
11:20 – 11:55 PANEL: Demystifying Podcast Measurement
Where does the industry stand in the quest for perfect measurement of podcast listening? What are the current guidelines and best practices, and how does podcast measurement compare to how other platforms measure performance?
MODERATOR: Sarah van Mosel (Chief Podcast Sales and Strategy Officer, Market Enginuity)
- Marshall Williams (CEO, Ad Results Media)
- Bryan Moffett (COO, National Public Media)
- Andrew Kuklewicz (CTO, PRX)
- John Rosso (President, Market Development, Triton Digital)
MODERATOR: Steve Goldstein (Founder & CEO, Amplifi Media)
- Elvis Duran (Host, Elvis Duran and the Morning Show)
- Chris Peterson (Senior Vice President, Podcasting, iHeartRadio)
How are different publishers thinking about podcast program development, and what shifts can we expect to see in podcast programming in the coming year? This expert panel will discuss trends toward content categories such as fiction and true crime, and also the considerations that go into program development strategy.
MODERATOR: Nick Quah (Founder and Publisher, Hot Pod)
- Brendan Monaghan (CEO, Panoply)
- Caitlin Kenney (VP of Programming and New Show Development, Gimlet Media)
- Neal Carruth (General Manager, Podcasting, NPR)
- Tom Ricks (Vice President, Audio Digital Strategy and Marketing, ESPN)