The Academy of Podcasters has announced the 2017 inductees to its Hall of Fame. The newest additions will be recognized on in a ceremony on August 23. This year’s inductees are:
- Brian Ibbott, Coverville. This week show, which launched in 2004, is one of the longest-running in the iTunes store. It focuses on cover songs, new renditions of previously recorded tunes.
- Dan Klass, The Bitterest Pill. In addition to being an Academy member and a UCLA instructor, Klass has hosted this show since 2004. He is also an actor, humorist, producer, and consultant.
- Elsie Escobar, She Podcasts/The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast. Ten-year podcasting veteran Escobar hosts two shows. In addition to She Podcasts, Escobar is also Libsyn’s Community Manager and founder of the Podcasting School for Women.
- Luria Petrucci, Geeks Life. Petrucci, also known as Cali Lewis, has accumulated an audience of 2 million social followers since 2005. She has been a pioneer in both podcasting and streaming in that time, hosting shows not just for her own network, but also for corporate brands.
- Rob Greenlee, Spreaker Live Show/New Media Show. Greenlee’s current position is as head of podcast content for Spreaker and Adore Podcast Network. His past work includes stints at PodcastOne and he has also worked developing podcasts for Microsoft Zune, Xbox and Windows Phone.
The event will also hand out an award for contributions to podcasting, honoring an individual who is not a show host but has still had a significant impact on this audio format. The 2017 recipient has not yet been announced, but they will be chosen by the organization’s board of directors, with input from the Academy.